PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain non-identifiable information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase, attempt to make a purchase through the Site, or willingly fill out our service inquiry forms, we collect certain identifiable information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including your credit card number), email address, business name, website url and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We will never request information from you that is not necessary to fulfill your product order or provide your requested services. If you feel we're asking for irrelevant information, please get in touch with us through the contact information at the bottom of this page.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to:
- To process your payment through third-party services (Squarespace, Paypal, Stripe & MoonClerk), all of which do not share your information with us.
- Communicate with you via email and provide order confirmations and invoices.
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
- Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site. For example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns, and for marketing retargeting to make sure you don't miss out on any great resources and offers we roll out from time to time.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information such as usernames, passwords, network and financial information shared with us will remain private and never be disclosed in the Site or elsewhere unless given written consent to do so.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise disclose Personal Information to others.
We may share Device Information with third parties for the purposes outlined in this policy.
We may use third party services to help us operate the Site and our business, thus we may share limited Personal Information with these third parties to help us accomplish that, only if you have given us permission to do so.
Among the tools we use to store identifiable information we use:
- Squarespace to power the shop, thus collecting your Order Information.
- Google Analytics to help us understand how our readers and customers use the Site (you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
- MailChimp to power our email lists and provide you with useful information and resources when you decide to opt-in with your Personal Information to receive it.
- Paypal, Stripe, & MoonClerk as payment gateways to allow us to process your product orders and collect services fees. These three providers comply with the security requirements necessary to process payments. You can find information regarding their security levels and data policy on their respective websites.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
YOUR OPTIONS FOR SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you do not agree with the ways in which we use, share and collect your Personal Information as stated in this policy, please do not provide us with your Personal Information.
You are able to visit the Site anonymously by simply browsing our website without submitting information to us and not engaging in website-related activities. In this case only non-identifiable Device Information will be collected.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information at the end of this policy.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
When you subscribe to our mailing list, we will collect your Personal Information (name and email address) through our email marketing provider. You can request the deletion of this information at any time.
We have a zero spam policy and provide you with the ability to opt-out of our communications by selecting the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mails. We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information. We will not sell, rent or share your email address.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POLICY
By using the Site, you're agreeing to the terms of this policy. If you continue to use the Site after changes have been made to this policy, you're agreeing to the new changes.
If you don't agree with what has been outlined in this document, please do not use the Site.
When requesting to collect your Personal Information, you will be asked to explicitly give your consent in order to process your request.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: May 9, 2018